Al Pacino, Joe Pesci and Robert De Niro, the Titans of Hollywood, in a Scorsese film together? Me thinks, hell yes! The Irishman has officially hit cinemas and as of 27 November, is streaming on Netflix.
Based on the 2004 book, I Heard You Paint Houses by Charles Brandt, the movie is a ‘once in a lifetime story of a hustler and hitman who worked alongside some of the most notorious figures of the 20th century’.
The hype over the film had of course been garnering fans, pre-release. But viewers have been left feeling fifty shades of every emotion plausible, upon watching the three-hour Scorsese gangster drama.
Here are some epic, whirlwind reactions from bona fide #TheIrishman fans in the Twitterverse.
1. The Irishman hath hit this gentleman, right in the feels:
2. She is in – line, hook and sinker:
3. Pesci and De Niro are evergreen, and here’s evidence:
4. Sorry boss, as of tomorrow, I am deceased:
5. You can never win over everyONE’s heart:
6. Kind viewer, your faith is endearing:
7. Your mind will be blown (mostly metaphorically):
8. Happy moviegoers, everywhere:
9. What we can truly take away from this film: