The nominations have been revealed for the upcoming second annual Critics Choice Real TV Awards and streaming platforms have earned a place for themselves amongst them.
Netflix led the streaming space with 31 nominations to its name.
Amazon Prime Video’s Making The Cut earned three nominations and Kevin Hart’s What the Fit bagged one for YouTube Originals.
Netflix’s Cheer tied with VH1’s RuPaul’s Drag Race to bag five nominations each.
The winners of the Critics Choice Real TV Awards will be announced on June 29 through a press release. All winners will be picked by the jury except the categories of ‘Female Star of the Year’ and ‘Male Star of the Year’. The winners of these two categories will be picked via fan voting.
Netflix’s nominations included the following:
- Cheer (5) – Unstructured Series, Sports Show, Limited Documentary Series, Female Star of the Year (Monica Aldama), Male Star of the Year (Jerry Harris).
- Queer Eye (4) – Structured Series, Lifestyle: Fashion/Beauty Show, Ensemble Cast in an Unscripted Series, Male Star of The Year (The Fab Five).
- Last Chance U (2) – Sports Show, Ongoing Documentary Series
- Trial by Media (2) – Crime/Justice Series, Limited Documentary Series
- Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich (2) – Crime/Justice Series, Limited Documentary Series
- Nailed It (2) – Culinary Show, Female Star of the Year (Nicole Byer)
- The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez (2) – Crime/Justice Series, Limited Documentary Series
- The Goop Lab (2) – Lifestyle: Fashion/Beauty Show, Female Star of the Year (Gwyneth Paltrow)
- Next in Fashion (1) – Lifestyle: Fashion/Beauty Show
- Love Is Blind (1) – Relationship Show
- Selling Sunset (1) – Lifestyle: Home/Garden Show
- Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj (1) – Male Star of The Year (Hasan Minhaj)
- Ugly Delicious (1) – Culinary Show
- Somebody Feed Phil (1) – Travel/Adventure Series
- The Pharmacist (1) – Crime/Justice Series
- The Innocence Files (1) – Crime/Justice Series
- Abstract: The Art of Design (1) – Ongoing Documentary Series
Netflix also earned itself a nomination as a platform in the category ‘Outstanding Achievement In Nonfiction Programming By A Network Or Streaming Platform’.