Marvel Studios is set to release its first animated series ‘What if…?’ exploring the multiple possibilities that could emerge from tweaking a few events in the films of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). The series is set to stream on Disney+ from August 11.
Created by A.C. Bradley, the upcoming American animated anthology will feature ten episodes, and will stream every Wednesday, with a second 10-episodes season already in production.
The ‘What if…?’ possibilities will range from Peggy Carter taking the super soldier serum, prince T’Chala being abducted by Yondu and becoming Star-Lord instead of Peter Quill, Eric Killmonger saving Tony Stark from the attack that turned him into Iron-Man, and more.
As for the cast, Marvel plans to have the actors who played the roles in the MCU take up the spots in the animation series. The cast list for ‘What if…? is majestic, with:
- Jeffrey Wright as The Watcher,
- Michael B. Jordan as Killmonger,
- Sebastian Stan as James “Bucky” Barnes,
- Josh Brolin as Thanos,
- Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner,
- Tom Hiddleston as Loki,
- Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury,
- Chris Hemsworth as Thor,
- Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter,
- Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa,
- Karen Gillan as Nebula,
- Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton,
- Paul Rudd as Scott Lang,
- Michael Douglas as Hank Pym,
- Neal McDonough as Dum Dum Dugan,
- Dominic Cooper as Howard Stark,
- Sean Gunn as Kraglin Obfonteri,
- Natalie Portman as Jane Foster,
- David Dastmalchian as Kurt,
- Stanley Tucci as Abraham Erskine,
- Taika Waititi as Korg,
- Toby Jones as Arnim Zola,
- Djimon Hounsou as Korath the Pursuer,
- Jeff Goldblum as the Grandmaster,
- Michael Rooker as Yondu Udonta, and
- Chris Sullivan as Taserface.
Squeeze and Flying Bark Productions have taken charge of the animation for the first season of ‘What if…?’, with Stephan Franck as the head of animation. Fans are eagerly awaiting the release of the animated series, bringing with it new suppositions and chances.
Watch the trailer:
Also Read: Netflix heist film Red Notice to release on November 12