‘Slow Horses’ is a spy thriller series that focuses on a team of British intelligence agents who serve in a dumping ground department of MI5 called the Slough House. These spies find themselves in this division due to career threatening mistakes.
‘Slow Horses’ season 2 will premiere two out of six episodes on Apple TV+ on December 2, 2022. This will be followed by one new episode weekly, every Friday.
Cast & creators
- Gary Oldman as Jackson Lamb
- Jack Lowden as River Cartwright
- Kristin Scott Thomas as Diana Taverner
- Saskia Reeves as Catherine Standish
- Olivia Cooke as Sidonie “Sid” Baker
- Rosalind Eleazar as Louisa Guy
- Christopher Chung as Roddy Ho
- Steven Waddington as Jed Moody
- Dustin Demri-Burns as Min Harper
- Paul Higgins as Struan Loyail
Directed by Jeremy Lovering
“In season two, long-buried Cold War secrets emerge which threaten to bring carnage to the streets of London. When a liaison with Russian villains takes a fatal turn, our hapless heroes must overcome their individual failings and raise their spy game in a race to prevent a catastrophic incident.”
This is an adaptation of ‘Dead Lions’. the second novel in Mick Herron’s ‘Slow Horses’ book series. The author is a CWA Gold Dagger Award-winner.
After an ex-service agent is found dead, the Slow Horses get on top of the case. They discover that Russian sleeper agents within the British society have been reactivated, threatening a lot more people.