The anime Aggretsuko follows a red panda named Retsuko who vents her frustration at corporate life by performing death metal at a karaoke bar.
The final season of Aggretsuko will premiere on February 16 on Netflix.
Cast and creators
- Retsuko – voiced by Kaolip (Japanese), Erica Mendez (English)
- Retsuko in Death Metal Mode – voiced by Rarecho (Japanese), Jamison Boaz (English)
- Fenneko – voiced by Rina Inoue (Japanese), Katelyn Gault (English)
- Haida – voiced by Shingo Kato (Japanese), Ben Diskin (English)
- Gori – voiced by Maki Tsuruta (Japanese), G.K. Bowes (English)
- Washimi – voiced by Komegumi Koiwasaki (Japanese), Tara Platt (English)
Producers: Kelly Luegenbiehl, Kaata Sakamoto, Taro Goto Yoichiro Shimomura Miyuki Okumura Akira Takayama Yasue Mochizuki
“In this season, after Haida quits his job, he is forced out of his apartment that is owned by his parents and begins living in an internet café.
“There, he encounters Shikabane, someone who seems to have given up on everything. Retsuko decides to live with Haida to save him. Then, a suspicious man who says he is member of the Diet comes to recruit Retsuko…”
Before Netflix, the show had originally begun as a series of one-minute shorts on Japanese television. The director of the show voices Retsuko’s death metal songs.
Haida is wasting away by playing video games all day, while there are talks of an election that Retsuko is running for. The clip reveals much of Retsuko’s influence and plans of holding office ranks.